In Between Sips

// // Leave a Comment

That chat was an unconscious excuse, to meet you, the person from the past.
You open the door, coming in along with shady sunset light

Twirl a little smile, and greet
I smile back, get up from my seat, and pull a chair
Awkwardly trying to be a gentleman you always wanted me to be

You ask how life's going
To be honest, it feels empty, without your affection to decorates my day
But what comes out of my mouth was a flat toned 'fine' followed by unasked reason that you would probably not needed to know

I boasted about how beautiful my life is without you, we both know it's fabricated
We are both blushing, awkwardly staring each other in silence, between sips of our drinks, rewinding bittersweet memories.

Somehow overcompensates the fact that we are no longer comfortable
...together

0 Comments:

Post a Comment